1. It is never over
- Embrace permanent effort
- Only do stuff you feel you could eventually be doing forever
- Which does not mean you can never change
2. Ditch the goals
- Intrinsic motivation is king
- Short-term goals are unsustainable
- Result orientation is counterproductive, weight loss/gain is a bad goal.
3. No challenge = no progress
- Complaining and self-pity are counterproductive
- If you are cheating, you are cheating on yourself
- You are capable of more than you think
- And sometimes of less than you think
4. Good form always pays off in the long run
- Never sacrifice form for the sake of numbers (weight, speed, reps etc)
5. No one really knows anything for sure
- Every argument has a counterargument.
- All theories are plausible bullshit. Try them out and believe in whatever works for you.
- But accept that some day you might discover that all that you have believed in is wrong :)